BlackScorpion's Gokart Bazaar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements
••••> After 10 years, We are officially closing this site down, for good. Thank you everyone who joined this Forum. <••••
Keywords
Latest topics
» Carter Brothers Mini Monster truck brochure
by BlackScorpion Tue 11 Dec 2018, 7:17 pm

» How to post an image in your post /Message
by BlackScorpion Sat 02 Sep 2017, 8:23 pm

Welcome to Gokart Bazaar
Hello guest, welcome to the forum. As a guest your access is limited , In order to see the help, how to sections, you need to register. Press this box to jump to the Registration Form. A valid email is needed for registration, in order to receive a verification code to enter the forum. I look forward to you registering
Gallery

A customized Ingels-Borelli Caretta that appeared on the cover of Kart magazine September 1961 Empty

A customized Ingels-Borelli Caretta that appeared on the cover of Kart magazine September 1961

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Admin
Admin
http://www.gokartbazaar.com

PostBlackScorpion Tue 14 May 2013, 12:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A customized Ingels-Borelli Caretta that appeared on the cover of Kart magazine September 1961. The owner, Ted Petersen, fitted a 15 cu in Villiers "Grand Prix" model motorcycle engine, ported and relieved and sporting home-brewed intake and exhaust, Amal monobloc carb, with a Tillotson pump to pull fuel from the front-mounted tank to a gravity feed roll-bar protected reservoir above the engine. The engine delivered 16 hp on fuel to a 1" live axle (mounted in 2 pillow blocks) via Steen sprockets and 38 pitch chain.

The upholstery and steering wheel are custom made, as is the brake linkage controlling a right side mounted Bendix brake (from left side mounted pedal). The frame was modified with extra cross members, front bumper, and much chrome work. Steen slicks are mounted on 5" Gabrow wheels up front and 6" Hands at the rear. Color is characteristic Caretta yellow.

The kart has an incredible "rightness" of form and stance. This is one kart that has stuck in my mind since first seeing this photo back in '61 (when I was 13). I was glad to find a copy of this same issue some 3 decades later.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum